Prof. Marc Barthet
Professor at 35 – the youngest in his discipline – Marc Barthet completed his studies in 1995.
Professor of universities, hospital doctor at APHM (Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Marseille), Professor Marc Barthet is a specialist in hepatogastroenterology and digestive oncology at the Hôpital Nord de Marseille.
In January 2014, he led the gastroenterology team that reconstructed a patient’s esophagus without opening her chest or abdomen. This is a world premiere in Marseille.
Prof. Marc Barthet is now an international reference in the field of transluminal endoscopic surgery.
“In fact, I have never finished my studies; I learn every day because techniques change often.”
Main Research topics :
Therapeutic endoscopy, Endoscopic Ultrasonography, Pancreatic and biliary diseases, Submucosal Endoscopy
Hospital and Faculty grades
- Professor of the Faculty of Medicine of Marseille, Medical doctor of public hospital : Décret du 18 Septembre 1998; Promoted to the exceptional degree for Professor Ranking September 2016
- Head of the Gastroenterology department, North Hospital in Marseille
- Statistics, Epidemiology Aix-Marseille University 1987- 1988
- Nutrition Aix-Marseille University 1988
- Immunlogy Aix-Marseille University 1988
- Certification for hepatology and gastroenterology, DES d’Hépato-gastro-entérologie, 11 October 1991, Faculté de Médecine de Marseille
- Medical doctor ; Thèse de Doctorat en Médecine, 29 October 1991, Faculté de Médecine de Marseille
- Research Director, Habilitation à Diriger les Recherches: presented on March 14, 1996 à Marseille, Faculté de Médecine de Marseille
Responsabilities in scientific societies
- Reviewer : Endoscopy and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Digestion, Gastroenterology, Gut
- International secretary of the French society of Endoscopy (SFED)
- President of the French club of endoscopic ultrasonography 2006- 2010
- Member of the French society of digestive endoscopy: (SFED) 1997-; member of the board of SFED (2007-); International secretary
- Titular member of the National French society of Gastroenterology (SNFGE) , member of the SNFGE board (2001-2006) and associated secretary of the SNFGE
- Councillor of FMC-HGE (2002)(Association for continual medical training)
- Editorial Board of Endoscopy : 2006-
- Board of ASNEMEGE : councillor (Association of national European and Mediterranean societies of gastroenterology) : 2005-2007
- Miembro honoraria de la Sociedad Dominica de Gastroenterologia
- Member of the French academy of Surgery 2015
International publications (Current content 21.03.2021) : 245
Selected presentations in International meetings : 235
Invited lectures in International meetings : 353